Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman



Review by Cindy Bohn of Digging Up Bohns


This was a fun teen romance that was a neat little twist on Jane Austen. Julie's friend Ashleigh is always having these phases, or 'enthusiasms.' Suddenly Ashleigh discovers Jane Austen, and decides to go all out. Julie finally persuades her not to wear long dresses to high school, but agrees to go along to a boys' school dance, where they can meet their Mr. Darcys.


Like I said, it was a fun book. Ashleigh reminds me of several people I know, but fortunately, not quite so obsessed. And just about every reader will spot where the story is going almost from the beginning. The fun is in seeing HOW we get there.


Julie is a good character, with a complicated family, complicated emotions, and I really wanted her to get what she deserved. Recommended for teens or adults.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, can I just say I love your blog with all the selections of books! :) And this sounds so cute!!

    I was wondering if you had read the Mortal Instrument series (city of bones, city of ashes, and city of glass) and if they would be considered clean? I thought they were similar to the clean-ness of Twilight series. But I don't want to refer them out unless I am sure.

    Anyway, thank you for all the awesome book reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete