For the Ballerinas...


I made this Ballerina Wall Decoration for another neighbor girl's birthday. Here's what I did...



1. Buy a 12" x 12" square of pine from the hardwood store.

2. Paint around the edge with green acrylic paint.

3. Mod Podge pink polkadot paper to one side of the wood.

4. Find a basic dancer shape on Google Images (you could search for 'ballerina coloring page') and draw it (or print it) onto cardstock.

5. Cut out your image. This will be your stencil.

6. Trace your stencil with pencil onto the back of adhesive vinyl. Cut out your dancer.

7. I cut the word "Dance" out of adhesive vinyl with my Cricut.

8. Place your letters and dancer on the polkadot paper. Decide exactly where they will go before removing the backing.

9. Hot glue a bow in the corner.

10. Attach a picture hanger to the back.

And you're done!

PS. Sorry I didn't take pictures along the way!
PSS. You could, of course, make this project a whole lot simpler by just using the Cricut to cut your shape along with your words.

2 comments:

  1. That's cool! Don't worry about not taking pictures, you described everything very clearly and I had pictures in my head for every step. (Except I don't actually know what a Cricut looks like. I just have a vague image of a nifty little machine you can buy at JoAnns or Michaels.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, I have to dancers!

    ReplyDelete