What do you make for dinner when you are low on groceries and short on time?
I have three fallback meals.
1. The pasta salad pictured above (simple recipe to follow...)
2. Spaghetti (varied with chicken, shrimp or beef...whatever I have.)
3. Canned soup and grilled cheese.
Here's how I made this pasta. I change it up according to whatever I have.
1. Boil chicken tenderloins until they are no longer pink (for about 15 minutes).
2. While that is going, get some noodles boiling. The ones in the picture are Ziti noodles, but I use Wacky Mac a lot. Follow directions of the package.
3. Microwave a package of mixed veggies. (I like to throw in fresh veggies too, but I didn't have any this time.)
4. Cut up chicken into bite size pieces when it is done cooking.
5. Combine noodles, veggies, and chicken in medium bowl.
6. Smother mixture with your favorite dressing. This time I used 2 parts Kraft Balsamic Vinagrette and 1 part Kraft Basil Pesto. (It was a great combo. Go me!)
7. Top with shredded cheese if desired. I usually use parmesan.
We eat it warm or cold. The husband-man prefers it chilled for a while. I kinda like it hot. This SIMPLE pasta salad is also my go-to quick recipe when I need to bring a salad to some gathering or other.