A Bedtime for Bear by Bonny Becker


A Bedtime for Bear (Bear and Mouse) by Bonny Becker is definitely a favorite around here, as are A Visitor for Bear (Bear and Mouse) and The Sniffles for Bear (Bear and Mouse). Somehow, we have missed A Birthday for Bear (Bear and Mouse), which will quickly be remedied. It's already in my Amazon cart.

My Welly-Girl, who is now 7, is a voracious reader. I'm running out of middle grade and young adult fairy tale romances to pass on to her! If I can't keep up with what my kids are reading, I don't know who can.

This review, which is more of a summary, is about a wonderful picture book...which she likes despite the lack of romance.

Anyway, it was written by her. I'm bribing my kids to write up reviews for the blog, so expect more.

A Bedtime for Bear (Bear and Mouse), written by Bonny Becker and illustrated by Kady MacDonald Denton.
Review by Welly-Bell, Age 7.

One evening Bear heard someone knock on his front door...it was Mouse. "I am here to spend the night," he said, so they played chess until it was bedtime.

When it was bedtime, Bear reminded Mouse he had to be absolutely quiet.

Mouse got ready for bed. Bear got ready for bed.

Mouse hummed. "My ears are highly sensitive!" cried Bear.

"Can you hear this?" said Mouse.

"WILL THIS TORMENT NEVER CEASE?" wailed Bear.

When Mouse finally went to sleep, Bear thought he still heard noises. He was scared. He woke up Mouse, who checked the room. Then Bear told Mouse a bedtime story about a scared, little mouse and a big, brave bear.

I like this book because Bear is funny.





No comments:

Post a Comment