A Butterfly is Patient by Dianne Hutts Aston, illustrated by Sylvia Long





Book Review: A Butterfly is Patient by Dianna Hutts Aston, illustrated by Sylvia Long


Are you familiar with An Egg is Quiet and A Seed is Sleepy? A Butterfly is Patient is every bit as educational and beautiful as the two books that proceeded it.


When it comes to nonfiction picture books, these take the cake. I LOVE THEM.


When reading to younger listeners, you can simply read the short, poetic sentences on each page. "A butterfly is helpful...A butterfly is a traveler...A butterfly is patient. The egg hatches, the caterpillar emerges, feasting on leaves before it wraps itself into its warm, protective chrysalis, patiently waiting...to soar."


Older listeners/readers will enjoy reading the more in-depth information provided.


The scientifically accurate illustrations are stunning and interesting.


Again, we love these books. What else can I say?

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and am EXTREMELY excited I did. Also LDS, it is sometimes very hard to find a good clean book, especially with our high standards. I have practically resorted to YA books and classics because they are safe. I just finished the Eragon series (I was on my mission when they came out) and am now searching for something good. Thanks SO much for putting together this blog!!

    ReplyDelete