Hehehe. Laundry is so fun. Hehehe.

I have a dream that one day laundry won't be such a pain in my neck. That it will actually be a time I treasure. Sound completely unrealistic? Maybe. Every day we do one load of laundry together, fold it, and put it away. There have been occasional days when it has been wonderful. As we fold, we discuss. One time, in particular, we had an inspired conversation about life and death and the grand scheme of things.

But usually it's a battleground. Someone isn't working as hard as someone else. Someone got bumped. Someone knocked over someone's pile.

The last couple days, however, have been the happy medium...not great celestial conversation, but certainly no fighting either.

We got a couple (age-appropriate) joke books and turned laundry time into a game. After you fold 5 articles of clothing, you get a joke break. You stop and read two jokes to the group. I've never seen the laundry get done so fast, with so little complaint, and even a few laughs.

Not that it's all about getting it done...but it's a nice step in the right direction.

PS. Sorry for the lack of pictures. Our main computer is learning about death, too.

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling this idea is going to be life-changing for me and my kids. :) They're fascinated by jokes but don't really know how to make their own up yet. I'm definitely looking into joke books!

    ReplyDelete