Book Review: A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett





A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett

A Little Princess has always been a favorite book of mine. Though bittersweet, it leaves you wanting to live a more grateful, imaginative life.

Sarah Crewe has lived a privileged life, to say the least. She has always been given everything her heart desired, and been waited on hand and foot. You might think that a girl like this would be spoiled and selfish, but Sarah has a generous heart. She entertains the girls in her boarding school with wild stories of India, befriending even those less popular.

When Sarah's lot in life changes drastically, she becomes a penniless servant, hungry and cold. She pretends to be a princess, and reminds herself to be gracious and share the little she has.

I highly recommend this story for listeners of all ages. Like I said, it was a favorite of mine as a child, and now I realize that it still holds a place in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, just today at Costco I saw they have abridged classics (including A Little Princess) with CDs and I was pretty excited. My beginning-reader kids can listen to the story and read along while I tend to the littles! I'm pretty excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book! One of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete