Happiness is...



these delicious whole wheat pancakes...(and you don't even need a wheat grinder!)

Blender Whole Wheat Pancakes


1. Put 1 Cup of wheat kernels and 1 Cup of milk or water in blender. Blend on high speed for 3 min. (I use my Bosch blender. I imagine you need a pretty powerful blender for this.)

2. Add 1/2 Cup more milk and blend for 2 more minutes.

3. Add 1/2 tsp salt, 3 tsp baking powder, 1/2 Cup oil, and 2 eggs. (If you want to make these non-dairy / vegan, you can omit the eggs. I did it once because I didn't realize I was out of eggs, and they still turned out great!)

4. Blend well and pour on hot griddle. (You know the rest, right? Flip them when they look bubbly. Remove them when they've reached desired color. Top with more deliciousness, such as strawberries, whip cream, and syrup...)


(I don't know where this recipe originated. I got it from my mom. If you know where credit is due, let me know.)
Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love whole wheat pancakes from freshly ground wheat. I don't have a blender though. I am an anti gadget person and am slowly catching on that a food processer doesn't make up for not having a blender.

    Hmmmmmmm. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete