The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas

Book Review by Emily

Here's what I want to ask this book...Where have you been all my life? I wonder how I never read this classic until now. It's amazing.

Marcellus Gallio, a Roman Tribune, is ordered to crucify Jesus. Although he believes Jesus is innocent of any crime, he follows orders. During the crucifixion, he takes the Robe that Jesus wore.

That dark day nearly kills Marcellus. He is overwhelmed with guilt and curiosity. Marcellus travels to Galillee to learn more about this mysterious man who was crucified, taking the Robe along.

This historical fiction classic tells the story of one man's quest for the meaning of life. Full of faith, love, and adventure, this book has it all.

This is not a quick and easy read, by any means, but if you are in the mood for an inspiring Christian classic, this might be the one for you.

Recommended for adults and teens who enjoy classics.

2 comments:

  1. I read this book years ago as well as The Silver Chalice By Thomas Costain. I think they were quite similar and I enjoyed them both. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too loved this book and The Silver Chalice mentioned above. LC Douglas also wrote The Big Fisherman, which is about the apostle Peter, and is also a great read.

    ReplyDelete