How to Make Cornstarch Clay Sculptures

We saw this fun project and recipe in the last issue of Family Fun Magazine. I've been wanting to buy the kids some clay, and when I saw this recipe I wanted to hit myself. Why didn't I ever think of making my own clay? It is so easy!

Once the recipe was made (it only took a few minutes...), we divided it in half. I loved how the clay stuck to itself but not to anything else.



The kids wanted to add color to the clay. Welly made pink and Bubs made green. We just poked a little hole in the top and dropped a couple drips of food coloring.

We enjoyed kneading in the colors. It was neat watching them spread.

Here are their creations. They took several days to harden up, but they didn't get all crumbly like play dough would.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it was such a success. It was on my list of things to try this season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm so glad to have this recipe. Just what my little sculpting grandson needs! (I really don't like modeling clay.)

    ReplyDelete