My Name is Not Alexander by Jennifer Fosberry, illustrated by Mike Litwin

My Name Is Not AlexanderBook Review: My Name is Not Alexander by Jennifer Fosberry, illustrated by Mike Litwin

When Alexander's father says that it's time for breakfast,  the boy answers, "My name is not Alexander!"

Throughout the day, he pretends to be various famous men...Teddy Roosevelt, Thomas Edison, Chief Joseph, Fred Astaire, and Jackie Robinson.

Within the book, you don't learn very much about these greats, but on the endpages, there is more info about each of them.

In the end, Alexander pretends to be his father, who is equally as wonderful to him as the other greats.

Finally, Alexander is himself. He falls asleep, dreaming of who he'll be....tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I just found your blog. I love to read and love to have people read good, clean books and tell me about them. I'll definitely keep checking your site.

    I also love homeschoolers. In face i teach music to lots of them.

    Visit my blog. I give weekly parenting and music tips. http://musicfortots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete