So, I'd love to say that I haven't been blogging because I've just spent way less time on-line, but that would be a BIG lie. I've been on-line obsessively looking at houses.
We're looking to shorten Robby's commute and expand a bit. We made an offer on a Be-U-tiful house with a heavenly yard, but so did 13 other families...and we didn't win. :(
I have read a few novels lately, but none of them fit the Deliciously Clean Reads bill, unfortunately.
So, I'm rambling.
We also made a new homeschool schedule that we are loving...so I thought I'd share...
This schedule doesn't have times. It's more of a routine than a schedule.
1. Wake up. (It's harder than it sounds.)
2. Personal Chores: get dressed, pick up room, brush teeth, comb hair
3. Breakfast and dishes.
4. Mini Lesson and Read-Aloud (We're done some fun stuff I'll be sharing. The Mini-lesson can be about anything I feel like teaching.)
5. Scripture Goals: Bubs and Welly both made goals to read the scriptures on their own every day this year. Yay for that!!!
6. Math. We're using the A Beka books. So far, so great!
7. Family Work: One load of laundry and Daily Work)
8. Free Time.
9. Lunch and Clean Up.
10. ROW to Know. (Read or Write to Know.)
12. Errands/Whatever else needs to be done.
13. Free time.
14. Dinner and Clean up.
15. Family Time. (Often wrestle-with-Daddy time.)
16. Family Scripture Study: Currently studying the New Testament.
17. Bedtime. (Almost always with bedtime stories and lullabies.)