Book Review: Chosen: The Lost Diaries of Queen Esther by Ginger Garrett

Chosen: The Lost Diaries of Queen Esther (Lost Loves of the Bible)Chosen: The Lost Diaries of Queen Esther by Ginger Garrett

You know I read a lot. A lot, a lot. This book intrigued me from the get-go, and it was worth all the anticipation. I loved it. It's one of those books that, as I finished, I started thinking of all the people I wanted to pass it along to, so we could talk about it.

Esther is a beautiful, orphan girl, in love for the first time. She spends her days selling lamb meat that she can't afford to taste.

She has her trials, but she is happy, until she is wrenched away from everything she knows and cares about.

King Xerxes desires a new Queen, nevermind that he already has a whole harem of women already at his disposal.

Esther is chosen as one of many girls to go the palace and be prepared for one night with the King. As a Jew, she believes that sex should be between one woman and one man who have a life-long commitment to each other. Despite this, she feels that God is directing events.

I wouldn't give anything away, except you know this story, don't you? If not, stop reading.

Esther is chosen to be Queen, and she and the King share a love for one another. However, when a decree goes out that all Jews are to be executed, Esther must risk her life, revealing the she is a Jew, to save her people.

This book gave me a lot of food for thought.

In terms of cleanliness, there is talk of preparing for sex. Esther is given sensuality lessons and rubbed with oil daily to prepare for the King's touch. However, the sexuality does not go any farther than that. I consider this a clean read, although I'd only recommend it to adults because of subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment