Pick-Me-Up

(Picture of our dear friends, the Storms. We can't wait to see you guys!!!)


Someone asked how I make my home such a happy place. Honestly, it isn't always happy. I get grouchy. There, I admit it. Today is one of those days. It tends to happen when I am disappointed with the book I am reading, or the kids are sick, or just the general...who knows what the heck is wrong with me...I'm a woman, and I get cranky sometimes.

I do have some tricks up my sleeve, though. It's all mental, really. But it's hard to just snap out of it, as much as I might tell myself to do so.

I have three favorite ways to pull myself out of the ditch.

1. I sit on the couch with my kids and read stories. I'm sure that one doesn't surprise anyone.

2. I gather some friends for a GNO.

3. I put on my Happy Mommy Playlist and we dance/clean/sing with spoons together.

Happy Mommy Playlist

Somebody's Hero-Jamie O'Neal
Somewhere Over the Rainbow-Katherine McPhee
The Good Stuff-Kenny Chesney
My Destiny-Katherine McPhee
Wish You Were Here-Mark Wills
I Love My Life-Jamie O'Neal
Something that We Do-Clint Black
Blessed-Martina McBride
If You're Not the One-Daniel Beddingfield
When I Think about Angels-Jamie O'Neal
Remember When-Alan Jackson
Inside your Heaven-Carrie Underwood
You Raise Me Up-Josh Groban

They aren't all upbeat songs (some are kinda tearjerkers, actually), but the message is...Life is Good and Be Grateful for What You Have.

I'd love to hear some of your pick-me-up songs. Which ones help you keep a positive outlook? And what other things make you happy?

2 comments:

  1. I love "It's a Great Day to Be Alive" by Travis Tritt. Also, "Upside Down" and "Mama Mia" --the A Teens versions.

    There's some great songs from musicals that make me happy: "Put on a Happy Face" from Bye Bye Birdie; "You're Never Fully Dressed without a Smile" from Annie, "Hold On" from Secret Garden, and "Happiness Is" from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown.

    All of those songs make me happy. :)

    Oh yeah, and "Just Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Vasar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to listen to "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter. Also most anything by Jack Johnson. Anything I can dance to and make my boy laugh.

    ReplyDelete