Pillage by Obert Skye


Pillage by Obert Skye

Review by Cindy Bohn of Diggin' Up Bohns


Beck just can't seem to stay out of trouble. Even after his mother dies and he's sent to live with an uncle he's never met, he finds a way to test the rules. He makes new friends and new enemies at his school on his very first day. On his second day, he gets sent to the principal's office - a new record for him, he remarks. And his uncle can't be bothered to come out of his room to meet him.


Maybe Beck's strange upbringing is the trouble - or maybe it's the weird vibe he's getting from his new home. Suddenly he finds he has new powers. And he can't stop himself from exploring the very places he's forbidden to go.


Beck was a real smart aleck, and I kind of wanted to smack him. Then again, I can see myself behaving in just about the same way. I could sort of guess where the book was headed (Clue: look at the front cover), but once I did get to the conclusion, I was completely wrapped up in the story. I couldn't wait to see what happened next. I had to force myself to read slowly, so I wouldn't miss anything.


This book was a lot of fun. I'm glad I finally got to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment