Girly Time!

The boys went camping this weekend. When The Princess first heard that we weren't going camping/fishing with the boys, with much drama, she said, "I'm not sick!" That was when I realized that I needed to make her weekend special too, and I declared it Girly Time. I discovered that Girly Time to her meant LOTS of shopping, a new dolly, and sparkly nail polish. We had a blast. She milked Girly Time for all it was worth. In fact, when I asked her if we could go to the Farmer's Market ("the outside fruit store"), she said, "Is it Girly Fruit?" In other words, no Farmer's Market this week.

So, in honor of Girly Time, I would like to share a few of our favorite girly picture books...and after you look through my list, please add some of your own in the comments. Since I had a boy first, I have a lot more boy books than girl ones.

Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor because, in my opinion, it's popular for a reason! Besides, who doesn't like a little glitter?

Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy by Jane O'Connor because it's every bit as fun as the first book.

Ellie: The Perfect Dress for Me by Cathy Rubin because the rhymes are fun and the pictures are cute and unique.

Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots? by Carmela LaVigna Coyle because, although the rhythm is a little bumpy, little girls love it.

Bebe Goes Shopping by Susan Middleton Elya because girls love shopping!

Love, Ruby Valentine by Laurie B. Friedman because the rhyme and rhythm are fun and the story has a great message.

Waiting for Gregory by Kimberly Willis Holt because I adore the artwork, and The Princess I live with ADORES everything that has to do with babies.


At the conclusion of Girly Time, The Princess took out all her new clothes (which she actually needed) and modeled them for Daddy, hands on hips and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment