The Perfect Housewife Bridal Shower

So, where has Mrs. Homespun Emily been? 

I've been celebrating my beautiful sister, Sarah's, wedding in sunny, AZ.









My sister-in-law, Marissa, and I threw her a 1950's Perfect Housewife Bridal Shower that turned out to be a great success.

Here are some details:

Food: Various Salads, including a jello pretzel salad (because it's very retro...) and a decorate-your-own cupcake bar. Marissa made this delicious punch, as well as lemon water. We ordered coordinating cupcake liners and straws on Etsy.

Decorations: Red and teal everything. Tissue paper balls, a canopy (which reminded me of a giant veil), Tulle ribbon tied on each chair, and retro-style tips from a 50's Good Housekeeping Article on each table.

Advice Journal: As guests walked in, we had a table with nametags, flowers, a couple frames with a picture and 50's tip, and a small journal guests to write advice in.

Games:
1. I made a video of Matt (the groom) answering some questions about their courtship and marriage plans. At the shower, I asked Sarah the same questions. After she answered one, we watched Matt's answer. Every time they answered the same, I put one of Sarah's favorite candy bars in a jar for her to keep. This is such a fun way for guests to get to know the groom a little bit.
2. Present BINGO: We made different BINGO cards for everyone with wedding and housewife-related stickers. We also wrote coordinating labels for each group of stickers (flowers, mixing spoons, apron, etc.). As the guests arrived, we placed a label on their gift before putting it on the gift table. As Sarah opened each present, she called out what the label said, and guests marked their spaces with red hots. We played to Black-out because there were over 70 people invited! Winners received (what else?) red toilet brushes tied in red polka-dot ribbon.




Party Favors: Wooden spoons, forks, and spatulas. Each were tied with a bow and tag.
Spoons-Sarah and Matt: Spoon to be Wed.
Forks-Sarah and Matt: Together Fork-ever.
Spatulas-Sarah and Matt: So Flippin' Cute.
These were placed in Mason jars as part of the centerpieces.

1 comment:

  1. That is possibly the coolest shower I've ever seen. I wish I knew you and your sister so I could have gone.

    ReplyDelete