Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids and a Love Story






Are you excited for LOVE day? We are. We've been painting the town-er-house RED.

In this last picture, you can see the cardstock mailboxes we made. Every day, we've been writing love notes to each other. It's my favorite part of V-day.

The framed heart is made of sprinkles glued with a glue stick. It was easy, if a bit messy. We did all the glueing on a cookie sheet, which helped a lot. (Learn from my mistake and glue the sprinkles onto red paper, so you can't see white through them.)
-------------------------------------
Guess what today is? Okay, I'll tell you. Today is the ninth anniversary of the day I met my Robby. I don't care what you say, Love At First Sight happens. It happened to us (and still does everyday...)

It was a cold, February night. I had decided against wearing my new Gap scarf because I didn't want to waste it on a blind date.

He was over an hour late.

I was playing a video game when he finally arrived. I'm so not into video games, but I am competitive, so I hardly looked up. I had to win first.

Both of us went on the date as a favor to a mutual friend. We didn't expect to actually like each other.

After that night, we were inseparable. We married 6 months and a day later, and I can say in all honesty, that I haven't regretted it for a moment.

He is SO my other half, my everything. We belong together.

3 comments:

  1. Cute crafts!
    Look what we did:
    http://mylifeasasahm.blogspot.com/2010/02/crafty-cards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet story! And I love the V-Day crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that night! Thanks for the fun trip down memory lane. Thanks for the kids crafts too. My kids are going to love them.

    ReplyDelete