A Valley of Betrayal by Tricia Goyer




Review by Lauren, regular contributor.


A Valley of Betrayal is the first book in the Chronicles of the Spanish Civil War series by Tricia Goyer. In this novel, Sophie Grace heads to Madrid to find her fiance. Little does she know she is entering a country torn apart by conflict. As war erupts around her, she learns that her dreams of a happy reunion and marriage may be destroyed along with the lives of the Spanish people. Sophie must decide what to do next and determine if God has a role for her amidst the desolation and heartache all around her.

Historical fiction is my favorite genre, so this book piqued my interest from the beginning. From there, I found myself drawn into Sophie's story as well as the mysteries surrounding some of the other characters. I will admit that I was a little disappointed when some of my questions were left unanswered at the end. But, now I can look forward to finding the answers in A Shadow of Treason, the second book in the series, soon!

This book is for adults.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your site and I love it. Thanks so much, it is so hard to find good books that are clean, I found that I stick to the young adult that normally helps, but still it can get ugly. Thanks for adding to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete